BEAUJOLAIS NOUVEAU 2017 IN PORTLAND
Begun in 2001, the Annual Beaujolais Nouveau festival is in its 16th year here in Portland. A fantastic celebration of French food and French-connected importers and vintners, a ticket to this wonderful, culinary event gets you a gourmet dinner buffet prepared by Headwaters at the Heathman under the guidance of Executive Chef Tim Eckard and Vitaly Paley (of Paley’s Place). As noted in a prior restaurant review covering Paley’s Place, chef Vitaley is a James Beard award winner and creates fantastic, French-inspired NW fare.
This buffet/festival will feature both French and American brands in meats, seafood, cheeses (of course), breads, desserts and more. Further, there will be tastings hosted by Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau 2017, WillaKenzie Estate, Ruby Vineyard, Pacific Rim, Anne Amie, Terroirs Originels, Piper-Heidsieck Champagne, M. Chapoutier, and Furioso Vineyard. Attendees will get to enjoy sample spirits Balinoff Vodka, Hardy Cognac and much more. Further, desserts will be provided by St Honore Boulangerie, Pix Patisserie and Smitten Truffles. Additionally, fresh-baked bread from Grand Central Bakery and French cheese from Lactalis USA will be on offer. Music by Heather Keizur will round things out.
This event is selling out fast, so here’s how to get tickets!
TAKE A LOOK AT THE TREMENDOUS MENU!
- Round of Beef
- Wild Mushroom & Potato Cakes, Natural Jus, Horseradish Cream
- Roasted Porchetta
- Cassoulet Beans, Pan Drippings, Mustards
- Served with Grand Central Bakery Breads
CHILLED SEAFOOD SELECTION FROM HEADWATERS RAW BAR:
- Hama Hama Oysters on the Halfshell, Smoked Penn Cove Mussels, Poached Prawns, Gerard & Dominique Seafoods Kippered Salmon, Lox, Smoked Trout, Mignonette, Poblano Aïoli, Cocktail Sauce, Brûléed Lemon
SELECTION OF ARTISAN CHEESES:
- Imported and Domestic Cheeses Provided by Lactalis, Darigold, and L’Ermitage
- Grand Central Bakery Breads, Assorted Fruits, House Made Jams
- Assorted Fabrique Délices Pâtés, Delpeyrat Jambon de Bayonne, le Bistro Jambon Blanc, Selection of Fabrique Délices Cured Meats, Salamis, Dijon Mustard, Pickled Vegetables, Grand Central Bakery Breads
FOIE GRAS & SWEETBREADS:
- Foie Gras by Nicky Farms USA
- Foie Gras Torchon, Foie Gras Terrine
- Cured Foie Gras, Smoked Hazelnut Butter, Huckleberry Jam, Brioche
- Duck Rillette & Fois Gras Terrine
- Crispy Sweetbreads, Cauliflower Purée, Apple & Celery Salad, Hazelnut Emulsion
- Lemon Meringue Tarts, Chocolate Mousse Cups, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Blondies, Brownies, Crêpe Cakes, Assorted Cheesecakes
- Assorted Desserts from St. Honoré Boulangerie, La Petite Provence, and Pix Pâtisserie
- Chocolates by Smitten Artisan Truffles
- Water Avenue Coffee and Stephen Smith Teas
Menu subject to change, due to availability.
Regarding who this event benefits, here’s a quote from PDX’s Alliance Francaise website:
If you have any interest in being an event sponsor, please email email@example.com
Enjoy! Bon Appetite!